Bev Scott, Shelagh O’Rourke, and Cherie Pittillo thought it would be fun to form the YUCATAN BIRD CLUB, La Asociación de Yucatán de Pájaros.
Their thoughts are that this club should be a friendly, international group providing an email network of people interested in birding for organized field trips, occasional meetings, a specific locations’ directory in Merida and the Yucatan, and serving as a repository of information.
This fun, loosely-formed club will have no dues, no officers, and no Board of Directors.
- Bird alert: a system to contact birders with reports of unusual sightings
- Outings: once per month or more with follow-up of outing results via email
- Birding hot spots: directions to birding hot spots, in Merida and beyond
- Backyard bird count/data collection: basic data
- Merida Christmas bird count: Audubon-sanctioned and we’ll need a core group for a trial run in 2012 before Audubon could accept us in 2013.
If you are interested in this club, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org